February 18th 2022 – RESTORATION BEGINS

18.02.2022: Today I started the restoration of the cockpit section of D-ABOD:

  • Detailed photographs of every inch of the cockpit
  • Collected all loose items and screws and cleared out the trash
  • Got upset how the workers removed items and panels in the cockpit and how Dechow treated the items

D-ABOD arrived in Sweden!

The cockpit of D-ABOD arrived in Sweden together with Caravelle F-BHRU


Project news – finally!

Pick up of the Lufthansa 707 cockpit is now scheduled for January 17th 2022 in Hamburg followed by ferry transport a day later.

Stay tuned and fingers crossed!

Lufthansa Cockpit aquired!!

Great news. With help from my brother I was able to acquire the cockpit of D-ABOD Lufthansa 707 built in 1960! This is the very last Lufthansa cockpit in original

Help needed

I am looking for help to move both these historic cockpits to their new home in Sweden. The impact of the crisis has been tremendous and forced me to completely readapt my life and relocate to Sweden.

I ran the Caravelle Simulator from 2016 to 2020, after 4 years and

Fuel levers and cleaning

Progress has been slow recently due to my relocation to Sweden, but I was able to complete the fuel levers and fix some light plates. Cleaning the throttle levers with an electric brush proved to work nicely. The potentiometers for the fuel levers have been connected to a D-SUB connector

B707 Cockpit for sale – SOLD

Boeing 707-373C , MSN 19179 / 500, Engines JT3D-3B, Built in 1966

Delivered to World Airways it ended up in Istanbul (SAW) and was scrapped in 2019. It is now available for sale. Asking 18000 USD (negotiable). Located in Istanbul and price is without transportation. I can help to arrange

Altimeter METER

Meter Altimeter finished. Initially I tried a 1/10 geared stepper motor but that turned out to be too slow for any kind of quick descents. So I had to split the needles in two using one stepper motor per needle. Works perfectly. The QNH is set in the gauge itself