DME Indicators

Finally the four DME indicators are completed & tested. So far I have completed 6 unites of which 2 are being used in the SABENA 707 sim in Brussels which I am helping to build up. I used 3 NEMA 8 stepper motors running at 1/16 steps. Position initialization done via light sensor. A rather difficult project because of the very small space in the instrument housing. Two prototypes were required and up to 3-4 hours per gauge until everything runs smoothly. Even on the original gauges sometimes mechanics forgot to put spacers between the drums which leads to friction between the drums and sometimes even movement of the adjacent drum. Integral lightning is original – ALL bulbs still ok so far.